Publicity Notes and Ideas
From Chocolatiers Wiki
So you're running event... and you need some ideas on how to tell people about it. Here's some quick ideas on what to do.
Things to Do
Some things are necessary so the club can be paid back for events. These include:
- Decide a time and place EARLY and get an officer to reserve the room
- Make a poster. Put on it the time, the place, and how much/whether money will be charged
- Put the UA logo onto your poster (google for it on the MIT website)
- Put the poster up on our board on the Infinite (on the west end of Lobby 10)
- Get an officer to put the event on the MIT calender of events
Other things are simply very helpful. Doing these will make your event more likely to be a success.
- Make small flyers and pass them out in Lobby 10, possibly with small cheap chocolates (Hershey's or Dove
- Send out e-mails to the chocolatiers-volunteers and chocolatiers e-mail lists
- Send out e-mails to the dorm lists
- Some lists don't let non-members send to them. So have other volunteers send out to their own dorms, as well
- Word of mouth! Tell all your friends, have them tell their friends... This can actually get a lot of people
- If you can get people who will sit there and pass out flyers, then get a Lobby 10 booth and pass out flyers/chocolates from there
People to Talk To
Don't forget that there are some other people in the club who can help out with events. Officers can put your event up on the MIT calender for you as well as reserve rooms. The publicist in particular has information that could be useful, and has probably done a lot of this before. =P So go ahead and ask if you have a question!