Rosemary Beef Medallions
From Chocolatiers Wiki
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin
- 2 tbsp. butter - divided
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup beef broth/dry red wine
Cut beef into 3/4 in. slices. Heat 1 tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee beef 4-5 mins on each side, turning once, until brown and center is medium rare. Remove beef to warm platter; keep warm.
Cook and stir remaining butter, cocoa powder, salt garlic, and rosemary leaves in skillet until bubbly. Gradually stir in broth/wine. Heat to boiling, boil and stir 1 min. Serve over beef.
- Serves 2
- <30 mins
- Quite tasty. Smelled wonderful while we were making it.
- We used the beef broth, which worked well.
- Put in lots of cocoa! It still tastes good. Possibly better.
- Recipe from CDkitchen.com.