AndesÂ® Mint Brownies
From Chocolatiers Wiki
- 1 Brownie mix for a 13x9 inch pan, or homemade brownies
- 2 Boxes of Andes® mints (any kind)
Assemble and bake the brownies according to the package directions. While the brownies are baking, unwrap all the Andes® mints. As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, arrange the mints evenly over the top. They will only cover about half of the area. Wait two minutes for the mints to melt. Then use a knife to spread them over the entire area and make a decorative pattern if you like. Allow to cool for several hours until the mints reharden before cutting.
- Makes 24
- 15 min. prep time + 30 min. cook time + 5 min. prep time + several hours to cool
- A store-bought brownie mix works well with this recipe. Try one with chocolate chunks in the batter and make it according to the directions for "fudge-y" rather than "cake-y" brownies if that option is available.
- The Andes® mints with chocolate on the top and bottom and mint in the middle work better than the reverse ones.
- On a hot day the mints may take a long time to solidify.
- You can solidify them in the refrigerator but it may affect the texture of the resulting brownies.